About Me






Friday, August 27, 2010

Catching Up!

Wow, has it really been 3 weeks since I posted anything??? What an amazing 3 weeks it has been.

The boys had a fantastic time in NY with their grandma and grandpa. They were busy all the time, I am sure everyone in NY is still recovering:) What wonderful memories they will hold. Sarah missed them desperately and was so happy upon their arrival home.

Sarah had her cochlear implant mapping done on the 17th. It was a bit traumatic at first however, she has adapted amazingly well. The goal for the first couple of weeks is just to get her comfortable wearing it daily and experiencing some noise. She is doing great and actually asks for it to be put on in the morning. As the days progress she seems to be deciphering more noises and responding with delight.

Joseph and David started middle school. They were excited and nervous at the same time. So far so good, of course they love the bus ride home, very social boys. Yesterday they informed me that one of their teachers reminds them of Grandma Jennie. Yeah! It happens to be their English, language arts teacher so that is awesome. They said she looks like her, sounds like her and dresses like her!! I thought I would email her and let her know about the high compliment she was receiving . However, after further thought, what if she is like 30 years old or something?? That would make for a long year:)

Luke is enjoying kindergarten, he loves his sweet teacher. He did have to clip down to light green yesterday. He explained to me it was not his fault, his friend was talking to him and he got in trouble for listening. Memories, I feel his pain because I too always got in trouble for someone else talking to me:) (Hope the sarcasm is coming through) Conduct was not my strong suit!

Sarah had an assessment through our school district for some early childhood intervention. They of course were floored by her brilliance (I am sure you are getting sick of hearing this). They actually asked me if I drew the smiley face that she drew. I explained I would like to take credit but I can't even draw that well! (lol) The good news is she will get some speech services. We meet again next week to figure out the logistics. I explained to them that she really hates being told "no". They laughed at me and said "she is 2, there are not many 2 year olds who like to be told 'no'". So rest assured even though she is very smart she has 2 year old moments that rival the best of them.

Thank you for your continued prayers and support

Ephesians 4:2 Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love.

Blessings,


0 comments:

Post a Comment

China time

Texas time

Followers

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs